IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONTACTED DIRECTLY, BEEN RECOMMENDED BY OR KNOW ONE OF OUR PAST ATTENDANTS THEN IGNORE THE BELOW.
If you haven’t received an invitation or don’t know any of our past attendants and you are interested in attending the Cyprus Value Investor Conference please provide answers to the below questions by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who are you and where are you located?
- Where did you hear of the event?
- Why do you want to attend?
- What do you do on a full-time basis?
- Our goal is to create an environment that is conducive to learning and sharing, the development of friendships between value investors, and for everyone to walk away with a tangible benefit. The event is kept small so as to allow people to get to know each other and for friendships to develop. As a result, participants hear investment ideas, gain knowledge from the topics discussed and get to meet new and interesting investors from around the world. As this is an idea exchange, participants are asked to contribute in some way to the event. This is usually by a presentation on an investment idea, topic or a Q&A session. In other words some type of sharing of information and knowledge. This helps everyone become better investors and to benefit directly. In addition, it allows everyone to get to know the participant which usually leads to further discussion. All new participants are required to present an investment idea or topic. The investment idea can be any publicly traded asset (no ETFs, or funds). Topics need to be preapproved. If you work in the financial industry we will ask you to present an idea. Are you prepared to give a 15 min PowerPoint presentation? (Only 1-2 min on self, the rest must be about the idea).
- We have a non-solicitation rule and is as follows: During the whole event, please refrain from all unsolicited pitches – whether of investment or of business propositions. You should of course, feel free to respond to genuine enquiries of interest from other participants. Our goal in doing this is to create an environment that is conducive to learning and sharing. We have learned that some of our highest valued participants will not come if they think that they will be accosted by enthusiastic salespeople. During the event, there are plenty of networking opportunities, and the small size of the event ensures that everyone will speak to everyone. No participant needs to worry about their own story not getting known. We frown upon ‘cold-call’ type pitches and should we suspect foul play we reserve the right to ask you to leave. Do you understand our non-solicitation rule and agree to abide by it?
- All information discussed should be considered private and confidential. What is said at the event, stays at the event. You can only share information if you receive the approval from the person who shared it with you. Do you understand that information shared by participants is confidential?